Online Workshops (Non-APC Members)Featured
For Non-APC members.
The Australian Poetry Centre is a not-for-profit, incorporated association established to promote reading, writing and...
The Australian Poetry Centre is a not-for-profit, incorporated association established to promote reading, writing and publishing activities associated with Australian poetry in all of its forms. The APC, launched 7 June 2007, is supported by the State Government of Victoria through Arts Victoria and the City of Literature initiative, the Australia Council, Pratt Foundation and Ian Potter Foundation and has grown out of the important work of Ron Pretty and the Poetry Australia Foundation.
The objectives of the Australian Poetry Centre are to:
* strengthen the presence and profile of Australian poetry within Australia and overseas
* promote the writing, reading, and appreciation of poetry as an integral part of personal and community life
In furthering these objectives, the APC will:
* contribute to policy development in government, corporate, educational and community agencies
* support the publishing, distribution, marketing, and reviewing of poetry
* advance the writing of poetry and the better understanding of poetry in schools and universities, and also in the wider community
* establish networks and links between writers, readers, publishers, and poetry-related organisations in Australia and overseas
* present, participate in, or support forums such as websites, readings, festivals, conferences and journals
Australian Poetry Centre